Saturday 4 February 2012

SUO #37 & Stamping Royalty #109 Challenge Entries

Hi Everyone,

Valentines' Day is approaching so I made a funky, vintage V-Day card for my hubby. I mainly made the card for the SUO #37 Challenge but had trouble linking it to the collection so I looked around and saw that Stampin Royalty had a Valentine's Day Card Challenge too so I entered that one as well. Still hoping that I can enter the SUO #37 challenge though but it looks like the collection is closed.

Anyways, let me tell you more about my cool card! One of my favourite items from the new mini is the new ribbon so I am showcasing a piece of that wonderful Blushing Bride Ribbon over the cherry cobbler seam ribbon.  My other favourite is the Blushing Bride smooch spritz but you can't see it well because I sprayed it onto the vellum flowers I cut with my 1 3/4 circle punch. I made six layers and was going to use crystal effects on them but then realized I had run out! :(

Anyways, I crinkled up the vellum cut outs and then pressed them onto a cherry cobbler ink pad and then sprayed them with blushing bride and then log cabin smooch spritz. I left it to dry while I was at work....A red glimmer brad from the brights collection fit nicely in the middle! On the Velum layer I used some snail and put on a layer with a cherry cobbler border pressed out with my SU scallop border punch with red dazzling details on the scallop parts...not sure if it shows up well in the pics though!

There are 3 layers to this card: my main layer spritzed with log cabin spritz. The second layer is one of torn vellum sponged with cherry cobbler ink and the last layer is torn with the tearing edge, sponged with cherry cobbler ink on the ragged edges and then spritzed with blushing bride spritz.

In the top left hand corner I stamped the "hugs and kisses" from the All Holidays SU set and then highlighted it with a beveled window pain held on by cherry cobbler seam binding and held together with adorable SU brads, but I forget if they were the ice set or the fire one...anyways I just LOVE them! I used the Valentine stamp from the "Holiday Best" stamp and masked off the "(please be mine)" part of the stamp. I used dazzling details on the thick side of the V in valentine and then coloured in the flowers with a marker. I am waiting for the "ps I love You" stamp set to arrive and was going to stamp in that adorable "Love you" stamp but since I it hasn't arrived I went with the Valentine greeting instead! The cherry cobbler butterfly, filled with red dazzling details and the black pearl set off the card so nicely in the corner! (Not sure if the black pearl is SU or not though...) The inside of the card is spritzed with log cabin smooch spritz and has the V from the Serif Alphabet set. I hope you enjoy looking at this card. I had SO much fun making this card and I think it will amaze my hubby on V-Day!! 

Happy Stampin'

No comments:

Post a Comment