Wednesday 24 August 2011

Stampin' Royalty Challenge SR# 86 Gift Box With Rhinestone Buckle


Hi All,
I made this box on August 12 just because I am in love with bling, and I gave it to my next door neighbour and friend who is a Stampin' Up Demo Beth! The full instructions on how to make it and the SU materials I used are on my August 12 post. I bought 24 rhinestone buckles at a local craft shop "Making Memories" so perhaps all of you will have to scour the craft shops in your hometowns to find this little gem of an item!
What girl wouldn't want an SU Demo as a neighbour? Instead of borrowing a cup of sugar I ask to borrow an embosslit or a sizzlit! We have such girlie fun! Beth was also the bridesmaid for my wedding so we have a wonderful history of friendship. Needless to say, I was infected with crafting inspiration and then made another gift box with buckle for my friend Sherry and one of my friend Kari. She is another SU Demo who has classes I attend.....I LOVE this box, and trust that this will inspire you to create some lovely cards, pages and 3D items with bling! To make the basic box just start with a stiff bristol board or a firm card stock. If you want a 5 inch box (14.5cm)then measure and cut out a 6x6 (15.5cm) square shape and score each edge at the 1 (2.5 cm) inch mark and it will look like a 6x6 square with score marks 1 inch all around. Each corner will look like a littler square so snip the little square where the vertical score marks intersect. Fold everything in and glue with tombow then make another box scored shy of the 1 inch mark so you can make a lid that fits. You can make a snugger or looser lid if you score closer or further to the 1 inch mark. I use tombow glue because glue dots and adhesive tape only hold for a short while. Check my August 12 post for more details on how I made this box! Love you all! Happy crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny! That buckle is to DIE for! I love the box... perfect:) Thanks for playing at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete