Saturday 2 June 2012

SR # 126 Masculine Cards

Hi All,

I took a break from making cards for a few days as I had spent so much time making my Guest Designer Card for Stamping Up Online Challenges! (SUO Challenges #46 Big SUmmer Days). I loved that adirondak chair I made so just look at the post previous to this one if you want to learn how I made it! Anyways, I made a special card a couple of days ago for my step-son Steve who was not only having his birthday but graduating too! I wanted to make a card to cover both events with the theme of celebration or celebrating. I loved the card I made but I think he loved it more!!! The graduation and birthday party went well, and today I made prime rib for dinner with yorkshire pudding! (I did serve veggies as well~never fear!) We all had a great supper!



Anyways, let me tell you about how I made this card!!!! The paper was SUO paper of course! I LOVE all SU DSP (Designer Series Paper). If you look closely at the DSP paper you will see little crowns in the paper that are EXACTLY the same as the crown stamp in the Artistic Etchings set which I used to make the crown. I stamped the crown, the sentiment and the flourishes in Cajun Craze Classic ink, and used some 3mm pearls from the last mini catalogue! I stamped the crown separately and carefully used my paper snips to cut it out. It is posted on SU dimensionals. The pear pizzaz ruffed ribbon was also from the mini catalogue, and the ribbon behind it is SU seam ribbon but am not exactly sure which one as it was in my drawer of SU ribbon scraps!

The frame for the sentiment and crown is a scrap from a nestabilites die I had used from a friend once upon a time and found it sitting in my scrap paper drawer. I used it as it fit the card better than the SU Label Framelit set....I used my blushing bride smooch from the last mini catalogue and my log cabin smooch sprits from the main catalgoue from last year as well to colour the frame behind the sentiment. I kept spraying over and over to get that rich, concentrated colour! The Celebrate Stamp was a gift from a friend of mine so I am not sure if that one is SU or not! Anyways, I loved making this masculine card to celebrate Steve's birthday and graduation. I made this card mainly from scraps and I LOVE it! I recommend that people organize their ribbon, card, paper, and DSP scraps as you never know when inspiration will strike!

~Happy Stampin'
Jenny G

No comments:

Post a Comment