Sunday 1 July 2012

SUO #48 "For the Birds"

Hi Ladies,

It has been a hectic month for me and I have FINALLY started catching up on some of my personal projects over the last week! I had been planning to make some small chipboard memory books for various family members and friends. I made a wedding book for my sister-in-law who was married in March 2012 and will send it soon. The second chipboard memory book is for my friend Dawn who had her baby in December 2011. The third memory book is for my cousin Carmen who had her baby in July 2011. I just received an invite to the baby Liam's first birthday and realized I HAD to finish this memory book soon! When I saw that the SUO challenge was about birds I was so excited as this memory book features a bird on it's cover and on the inside. I hope you enjoy this cool SU project. The only non-SU element was the coil binding on the top that was placed using a Zutter machine. Since SU doesn't have anything close to a Zutter machine, I figured it would be okay for this challenge.










The chipboard was SU chipboard pressed out on my SU Scallop Square Clear Die, and the paper on top (Su DSP Beau Chateau) was pressed out as well and glued on with tombow. while my Big Shot and die were out I pressed out several scallop squares on SU Natural paper. I then took out a long piece of SU Whisper White 5/8 organza ribbon and secured it down with SU sticky strip. I then punched out two circles on whisper white paper with my 2 inch SU circle punch. On one I stamped an elephant in Pear Pizzaz Classic ink. On the other I stamped out an owl from the set Punch Bunch which was an old sale-a-bration set with Soft Suede classic ink. I took my blush blossom marker and coloured in the owl's beak and the circles around his eyes. I then stamped out the same owl in pear pizzas and used my 1/2 inch SU Circle punch, and then carefully trimmed around the eyes. I took a dimensional and cut it in fours and place one small piece under each eye and then threw one little piece away. I pressed out a leaf and branch from my little leaves sizzlit and trimmed it so there was enough of a branch for the owl to sit on. I then glued the leaf down  with my two way glue pen. The other little piece of a dimensional that I kept I placed under the leave that is hanging outside the white circle. On the flip side, I took the 2 inch circle with the elepahnt and popped it on dimensionals on the flip side of the from cover with the owl on it. On the inside, I took a piece of SU vellum paper and used my laser printer to print out the info on my cousin's baby. I put that through the Big Shot with the Scallop square die, and then cut out another scallop square on whisper white.
On the white scallop square I stamped another owl in pear pizzaz from Punch Bunch, and then the Giraffe from the retired set Animal Stories. On alternating pages in always artichoke ink I stamped alternating owls and giraffes on the naturals paper. I put the book together in the right order and then used the zutter machine to bind the memory book with the help of a wonderful lady Amari at my local craft store. Later I placed a tiny glue dot in the corners and matched the vellum and white scallop square together and place 3mm pearls from the last mini- catalog in the corners! I hope you love this little memory book as much as I do. Have a great day and happy stampin~

Jenny G

3 comments:

  1. Just doing a test to see if my comments funtion is working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simply adorable, Jenny! Thanks for sharing them with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet these are! I just love them all. Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete